Thursday, March 5, 2009

Camera Is Back




Select the true statement:




1) For the past several weeks an ALIEN DISGUISED AS ME had taken my place and was living my life while I was held captive in his/its ooortiapod, which is...well, that's too complicated to explain. He/it was able to mimic my daily routines but did not know about my blog, so of course failed to post. Eventually I was able to access the pod's security software protocols, trigger the self-destruct sequence and leap to safety (and freedom) amid a horrifyingly powerful series of explosions. So now the alien me is dead, and I am able at long last to update my blog - yay!


2) Not much of note has happened since the holidays, and I have been too lazy to reinstall my camera software since a laptop crash in January - hence the long gap between posts here.


If you picked #2 you are MOSTLY RIGHT. Actually a few things have happened. Lee Ann has been hard at work patching, painting and wallpapering the small bedroom here at East Main Street. This is the last room in the house needing work, and now it's about half done. The wallpaper pattern has little gold dragonflies - cool.


Annie has started lacrosse practices and the first scrimmage is a week away. But in an unrelated accident involving a stormwater grate, she sprained her ankle and is recovering at home today.Here is a photo of her with her fat ankle looking wretched.

2 comments:

SHIRK said...

The world is glad your camera is back in action! Your part of the world is famous for alien activity (per the discovery channel) so even if scenario #1 isn't true this time, I'd sleep with one eye open.

The McAlpines said...

Good advice! I remember my Grandma McAlpine telling me about a UFO she spotted near Horton MI in the 1960s. The truth is out there - WAY out there.