Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Prep

Thanks for sending us Christmas cards! Here is what they look like, festooning the mantel in our dining room. Very cheery. We have sent out a lot of our cards this week but still are working to finish up the season's mailings.
I have been shopping a few times this week in downtown Lebanon, a five minute walk from our house. This is a great town to walk in, and even better this time of year. Tonight I took a walk just before dusk and then saw the Glendower mansion (that's a beautiful big brick Greek Revival owned by the Warren County Historical Society) all lit up. Volunteers had decorated the rooms with old-timey Christmas decorations and the place was open for tours, so I spent an hour there soaking up the 1850s ambience. By the time I left it was plenty dark out, but not too cold, and I enjoyed looking at the big old houses in Lebanon's Floraville neighborhood all lit up for Christmas on my way home.

No comments: