Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Closing Is Set

Today we got word that our house purchase is ready to close, and we settled on Friday afternoon to sign the papers and collect the keys. There were a few snags and delays en route which have kept us waiting for two months, and now we are anxious to get moved in to our big pink house!

Coincidentally, I heard from the people who are buying my five acres in Georgetown (with tumbledown farmhouse) today too. They scheduled that closing for February 5. I am selling at a loss, but given the real estate market am happy to have lined up a buyer so easily. These are the farmers who own the land on two sides of my plot on Gardner Road. I am selling to them directly, without a realtor to pay, so that makes the deal a little better. And I look forward to paying down some of the new mortgage debt with the Gardner Road proceeds.

No comments: