Monday, February 28, 2011

Big Week In A Small Room

Last weekend, after I removed the wall oven from our kitchen, we just couldn't resist tearing out its boxy support framing that had stuck into our tiny pantry. Then I left for a five day business trip. I got home expecting to pick up where I had left off.

But in the meantime Lee Ann had really gotten going. She had removed the rest of the makeshift pantry shelving, dug down to the original floorboards, pulled a million staples and nails, filled and sanded and painted the floor, and repaired the holes in the walls with new tongue and groove material. (Did I mention how much I love that girl?!)

I spent all weekend building new shelving, doing trimwork and painting. We aren't quite done but as luck would have it I am traveling again this week. By the time I get home Lee Ann should have this project knocked out.

No comments: