Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back Porch - At Long Last



I put off repairs to the back porch here at our Lebanon house as long as I possibly could, but now work finally is underway. Last Friday I propped up the roof, then tore out the rotten decking and disintegrating deck frame beneath that. By yesterday (Tuesday) I had the framing back together and new floorboards in place and finished. I used some 1" thick tongue and groove white oak flooring that I had left over from a previous project, so this is probably the stoutest porch floor in a three county area (excluding the concrete ones). It sure is nice to work with good materials.

The porch had been enclosed with half-height walls and screens above that, but we are planning a more weathertight arrangement with actual windows. I'll post pictures when we get that far.

No comments: