Thursday, August 21, 2008

Here's Where I Work (Scott)




I work for a great company (The David J. Joseph Company)! They allow me to work part-time, which now is three days a week. And when I am not traveling to scrap yards I go to my office in beautiful downtown Cincinnati, Ohio.


Today I took my camera to work and got a couple of shots of The American Book Building, where we have our offices. The building was built in 1904 and housed (no surprise here) The American Book Company for many years. These are the folks who published and printed McGuffy's Readers, the famous textbooks that your great-grandparents probably used in school. Because it originally housed big printing presses and stacks of books, the structure is very stout - there are support columns spaced at 12 feet on center throughout the building.


I also took a photo of the park where I walk on nice office days, which runs for maybe three miles along the Ohio River. Across the river is Kentucky. I can walk from my office building to the park in about three minutes.


Cincinnati has a sort of bad reputation among people who live someplace else. In fact, there are a lot of dangerous and run-down neighborhoods. But the central business district is really nice.

1 comment:

ksshirk said...

Yay - now I can write to you - I am official.