Wednesday, April 1, 2009


Since 2003 I have put on a recurring safety training session called Safety School. It is three days long and new supervisors from my company's scattered locations come here to Cincinnati to attend.

The photo is of the belt and buckle we just started giving to participants at last week's Safety School. I think these are pretty cool. I found a custom buckle manufacturer on the internet and sent them a sketch of the design I wanted. Now here it is, in cast brass!
I am thinking that, because of this, some little bit of my creative energy might survive into the distant future. Archaeologists could be digging these buckles up a thousand years from now and saying, "What the heck is this thing - and how was a primitive culture able to design an object of such beauty and perfection?" Hey, it's not the Great Pyramids, but it's something.

No comments: