Thursday, July 2, 2009

Flashback - Samoa Trip, 2002




























































































I was looking in my old emails and came across the first digital photos I ever took. In the summer of 2002, when Annie was 10, we took a trip to Samoa so she could see where we lived when she was born. A guy I work with, Ray Turner, insisted we take along his digital camera. I was able to record us walking on lava flows at Turtle & Shark Point, poking around in concrete pillboxes left over from World War II, visiting the house in Tafuna where we lived, and generally seeing the sights. I took about a dozen photos and the card was full (this was in the infancy of digital photo technology!), so this is all I got. Annie promised that when she turns 20 she will take us back for another visit! I can almost taste the grilled swordfish at Tisa's Barefoot Beach.

No comments: