Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Luck Of The Draw

This week I am in Tampa, Florida taking the "four scrapyards in five days" tour you hear so much about. Instead of my usual econocompact, I am driving this pretty cool Volkswagen Beetle. Getting a rental car is pot luck, and occasionally I end up with some big SUV or gimmick vehicle. Once I got a Prius, which was fun. The worst ever was a Ford Mustang, which was uncomfortable, got awful gas mileage and had blind spots the size of Nebraska. The Beetle is a pretty good ride, and if someone offered me one I wouldn't turn it down.

Bonus info: My company took away my old phone and forced a Blackberry gizmo on me that is a veritable Swiss Army Knife of electronica. One gadgety feature that I initially pooh-poohed is a built-in camera - but as you can see by the attached car photo, I now am appreciating this capability a bit.

No comments: