Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sad - Lost A Cat Today


I had been at the Tower House this morning, clearing a spot to park the tractor in the old barn there, Annie was at work and Lee Ann at a horse show. When I returned to Lebanon about 15 past noon I saw our cat Maya (or CC - we never did agree on her name) laying in the street behind our house. I parked and went right over to her, but she had been dead for a while. It appears that she was hit by a car.


Maya was the white-haired poofball cat with the feathery tail that Lee Ann and Annie rescued a year or so ago. We would see her on our walks, living in a truck trailer parking lot and crying piteously when we came by. Lee Ann started dropping off food and water and eventually brought her home, nearly starved to death and so dirty we did not know what color she was. Once installed at our house Maya stabilized and for the past year has lived a pretty pleasant existence here with us.


I buried her in our backyard, next to the fence she used to like walking on top of. RIP, poofball kitty.

2 comments:

C. Shirk said...

Wow, that IS sad! I'm so sorry to hear that.

The McAlpines said...

Thank you. We miss her.