Friday, September 4, 2009

Dig This!

Things were humming at the Tower House on Wednesday. I had two skilled crews doing work that day that was beyond my humble skills (and horsepower). I like to do almost all the house renovating work myself, but sometimes it makes sense to call in experts.

One crew took out a tree that had plugged up the septic tank discharge, and will be back in a few weeks to lay in a new drainfield. The other replaced our well pump, which was fried by a lightning strike a few weeks back. While they worked outside, I was refinishing bedroom floors - but that's for another post.

Since I took these pictures I insulated the pump and buttoned up the well pit, and Lee Ann and I have already cut up a lot of the tree. With any luck, we won't have any "water in" or "water out" issues for many years.








No comments: